G'day, motorcycle enthusiasts!
Australia offers some of the most breath-taking and diverse landscapes to explore on two wheels. From winding coastal roads to rugged outback tracks, there's a perfect ride for every adventure seeking rider looking to escape the daily grind. In this post, we'll cover the top 5 motorcycle routes in Australia, so you can hit the road and discover the beauty of our sunburnt country.
- Great Ocean Road, Victoria It's no secret that the Great Ocean Road is one of Australia's most iconic rides. This 243-kilometer stretch of coastal road takes you on a journey through lush rainforests, past dramatic cliffs, and offers jaw-dropping views of the famous Twelve Apostles. Make sure to stop off at the charming seaside towns along the way for a well-earned brew or a bite to eat.
- The Snowy Mountains, New South Wales For a truly exhilarating ride, head to the Snowy Mountains and tackle the Alpine Way. This 108-kilometer route offers challenging twists, turns, and switchbacks, coupled with stunning views of the Australian Alps. Remember to pack your thermals, as it can get chilly up there, even in the warmer months.
- Outback Adventure: Stuart Highway, South Australia to Northern Territory Feeling adventurous? Try your hand at a classic Australian outback ride along the Stuart Highway. This 2,834-kilometer route takes you from Port Augusta in South Australia to Darwin in the Northern Territory, passing through the iconic red centre along the way. Be prepared for long, straight stretches and make sure to keep an eye out for wildlife!
- Tasmania's East Coast Tasmania's East Coast offers some of the most picturesque riding experiences in Australia. Start in Hobart and follow the Tasman Highway along the coast, enjoying the pristine beaches, rugged cliffs, and lush forests. Don't forget to visit the famous Wineglass Bay for a truly unforgettable view.
- The Oxley Highway, New South Wales The Oxley Highway is a rider's dream, offering 165 kilometers of twisty, undulating road through the Great Dividing Range. Starting in Wauchope, you'll pass through dense forests, rolling farmlands, and eventually reach the high-altitude plains of the New England Tablelands. Make sure to stop at the various lookout points for panoramic views of the surrounding landscapes.
So there you have it, our top 5 motorcycle routes in Australia for the adventure seeking riders. Now it's time to gear up, jump on your trusty steed, and hit the open road. And while you're at it, why not check out Bikerr's range of motorcycle parts and accessories to make your ride even more enjoyable?
Ride safe, and happy travels!